Prep For Your Appearance
Once confirmed as a guest, please provide the following:
- professional bio
- professional headshot (high resolution, colour, cropped to dimensions 90 x 65 pixels; and background whitened plus a thin black border)
- if you have a new book that you are promoting, please send a copy in advance to Shannon, or provide an sample chapter or excerpt
Arrival Time: Please 30 mins prior to your scheduled interview time.
Studio Location: The studio (Garage Studios) address is 45 Lucy Ave. Unit 3, Toronto ON, M1L 1A1. (at Danforth/Victoria Park – 3 blocks east of Victoria Park). Parking is located on the street.
Studio Directions: MAP (click here). When heading east along Danforth, go past Victoria Park, then turn right on Emmott Ave., then another right on Lucy Ave. The studio is in an industrial building with a silver-coloured trailer parked on the lot.
Emergency Phone: Studio phone is 647-932-5232. Shannon’s cell is (416) 576-8809.
Good to Know Minute: is a short, regular segment when Shannon asks her guests for their “top success tip” – in under 60 seconds. Please prepare for it.
Promote Your Interview: Guests can benefit by tapping into Shannon’s PR expertise. Shannon can provide tips on how to share the interview with your audience to help get your inspiring messages out.
- Choose a camera-friendly colour: Ideal colours are: blue, purple, hot pink and orange. AVOID wearing green (due to green screen technology) and all-white.
- Your wardrobe should reflect the mood or tone of your message. Is your message of a serious nature? Is it more entertaining?
- Jewellery: Do not wear flashy jewellery. Avoid anything that makes noise or dangles, as it may interfere with the microphone. Best practice is to minimize jewellery or do not wear it at all.
- Clean & pressed attire: Ensure your clothes are clean, stain-free, smoke-free and ironed. If traveling, ensure you have your shirt or jacket pressed the night before the interview. While this may seem obvious, it can be an easy oversight.
- Do not wear outfits with busy patterns: Checkers, houndstooth, stripes (particularly pinstripes) create the moiré or strobing effect. Solid colours are best.
- Do not wear short skirts or dresses: When you sit, your hemline moves up and more skin is exposed – and the camera will “record” whatever is exposed. Anything above the knee may cause you grief.
- Be cautious about the heels of your shoes: Your shoes will not appear in the interview, however, be aware that there are cables on the studio floor in many areas.
HAIR AND MAKE-UP TIPS: Thanks to our cosmetics sponsor, Jordane Cosmetics, we have make-up and artists on-hand. We encourage you to get your hair done before hand. We recommend booking an appointment with “The Private World of Mary Tripi” hair salon in Yorkville, who provides Shannon’s hair services.
If in doubt, ask Shannon in advance.