Prep For Your Appearance
Once confirmed as a guest, please provide the following:
- professional bio
- professional headshot (high resolution, colour, cropped to dimensions 90 x 65 pixels; and background whitened plus a thin black border)
- if you have a new book that you are promoting, please provide Shannon with an sample chapter or excerpt in advance
Producer’s Phone: Producer’s cell is (416) 576-8809.
Good to Know Minute: Shannon’s regular segment when she asks her guests for their “top success tip” – in under 60 seconds. Please prepare for it.
- Choose a camera-friendly colour: Ideal colours are jewel tones. AVOID wearing all-white.
- Your wardrobe should reflect the mood or tone of your message. Is your message of a serious nature? Is it more entertaining?
- Jewelry: Avoid anything that makes noise or dangles, as it may interfere with the microphone.
- Do not wear outfits with busy patterns: Checkers, houndstooth, stripes (particularly pinstripes) look like they are “moving” on camera. Solid colours are best.
- Do not wear short skirts or dresses: Remember, when you sit, your hemline moves up.
- Be cautious about the heels of your shoes: Your shoes will not appear much in the interview, however, be aware that there are cables on the studio floor in many areas.
HAIR AND MAKE-UP TIPS: Thanks to our cosmetics sponsor, Jordane Cosmetics, we have make-up and artists on-hand. We encourage you to get your hair done before hand. We recommend booking a complimentary appointment with “The Private World of Mary Tripi” hair salon in Yorkville, who provides Shannon’s hair services.
If in doubt, ask Shannon in advance.